BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Father's Goal

Men and brothers,
I would like to ask a question. What are our goals as fathers and leaders of our homes? I am going to share something I read with you. I hope to encourage and challenge you to take a hard look at yourself and the goals you have for your family!

"Today’s fathers are desperately trying to meet all the demands of their jobs and take care of many other obligations and pressures. Yet, while they are busy with their work, a disaster is taking place. Bright sons and daughters who have great potential to be used by God are being drawn into the traps of the world—trends of wrong music, wrong friends, wrong goals, and wrong decisions. Wives and mothers are frustrated with lack of purpose in their families and disillusioned by continual disappointments."

This clip really sobered me up! I started to look at my life from a different angle/perspective. Do I do these things? That was my first question! Am I so busy trying to stay on "top" of everything that the "bottom" is falling out? Oh sure, I can say that I do all this for my family and their well being--but what is really going to give them a "well-being"?
What really is our main goal? Do we have an eternal vision for our sons and daughters? Are we working diligently at being a loving savior to our wives? What is the fruit of our lives?
Think about this:
I want my children to be mighty for God but do I take the responsibility to personally train and disciple them in the Word? Or I am hoping Sunday school and youth group did a good enough job--even though scripture repeatedly tells me it's my job!

There is only one way we can be sure they will love God: to give our lives to the task of biblical training--of them and ourselves. To utterly exhaust ourselves in effort to love and disciple them. To place our focus completely on our families and not our hobbies, sports, television, etc.
Brothers let's let God know we care enough about His ways and love to submitt our whole lives to bringing up the next generation of godly soldiers--by the way, scripture instructs us men to do this even as grandfathers. Men, let's look at our lives and repent and change in the areas we need to and get on task for the sake of the Church and our families! To God be all the Glory!

PapaSam
- Posted from SE's iPhone

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My love- I am so grateful to the Lord for your heart! So grateful that you love the Lord our God so much!
Thank you Lord for the strength you give my beloved. Thank you for your Word- you give Him to guide us!

Continue to bless Him so he can bless others.

Your helpmeet
Angie
helpmeettosam.com