BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Godly Fathers (Servant-Leader)?

Hello Everyone,
I am currently reading a book called "Family Man, Family Leader" by Phil Lancaster. It is very challenging to me and I am very thankful that I made the choice to read it. It addresses the problem of our society today and what "men" are doing about it, or NOT doing . He talks about how men have failed to be the leaders God has called them to be and how feminism reigns supreme--without much opposition. He also addresses how men have willingly stepped aside to allow the government to raise our children with their evolutionary theories and methods--which is one of the grandest schemes of Hell on earth, says the writer of this blog.

The book is enlightening at many times and at other times it is affirming of what God is revealing to me about what I am suppose to be as a father. I want to be a godly father, a perfect father, just as my Father in Heaven is a perfect Father. I believe that with the Lord guiding me and me submitting--and staying out of His way--this can be accomplished in my life. The hope--my hope--is that God would use me in this way so that my boys will be better (perfect) fathers to their children through God's power and guidance. This is my goal: my children will be far superior parents in all ways--in godly ways. For them to understand their full responsibility to God for their children, or should I say His children, His heritage. To know and understand what it is they need to do for their children before they even become parents. Lord help me and them! I pray this is all done to the Glory of God.

Christan fathers, what are we doing to draw closer to God so that we will be more godly parents. Are we compromising the Lord's principles for the sake of being "cool" to our children. Avoiding being "to strict" with them? Afraid to stand up for God and His Word to our children or even our spouses? Do we allow things or people in their lives that do not encourage their relationships with family or God? Are we using God's Word to "transform our families" so that they will not "conform to this world." Is this extreme? Is this writer's thoughts to "old fashion" or "traditional"--whatever that is? A "fundamentalist" maybe you call me? Has the church turned so far from God's truth that we call people that diligently live for God and the "fundamentals" of the Christian faith extremist or legalistic? God forbid, that means that "they" are no longer the "norm" in Christendom. So then I ask, what is the norm, carnality? How long will we sit by and let what God has entrusted to us--our children/His heritage--be taught and influenced by devilish philosophies?

It is very hard to be a godly father, I know, I have failed in many areas, many times. Consider though what is at stake here. The things and conveniences of this world are temporary and vain, and we will only live in this world a very short span in comparison to eternity. Eternity is "eternity" and we must make sure--no matter what--that our children and all of our generations to come will be there worshipping God with us and that they will--above ALL things--love God with all that they are.

Please Father in Heaven, give us the wisdom, insight, strength, perseverance, diligence, holiness, grace, and love that we need as fathers to raise Your heritage for Your purpose and Glory!

To God be the Glory!
Sam E

1 comments:

GammySel said...

My love- I thank the Lord that He has brought you to me. He saw me fit to be your wife. There are times when I feel unworthy of you. I thank the Lord that you love him so much, that your heart is to bring Godly seeds and to be a Godly man!

May our Lord continue to bless you, guide you in His Word, and strengthen you with His Spirit.
Love you
Angie